Playing with fire in the kitchen for a fancy dessert 🙂
Ingredients for 2 servings: 4 egg yolks,1 1/4 cups light cream, 4 tsp loose Earl Grey tea, 1/4 sugar, 1/8 cup sugar for finishing
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat up the cream in a saucepan so that it almost reaches boiling point. Remove from heat and stir in the tea leaves. Let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl. Strain the leaves from the tea and cream mixture. Slowly mix in the tea mixture into the eggs and sugar.
3. Set two ramekins into a roasting pan or other oven-proof dishware. Fill with the mixture, and place in the oven. Fill the roasting pan with warm water until it reaches to half the height of the ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Let the ramekins cool in the water, then remove and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
5. About 20-25 minutes before serving, sprinkle the tops with an even coat of sugar. Caramelize with a blowtorch and wait until the creme brulee reaches room temperature before serving.