An easy Sunday night meal consisting of elegant comfort foods. Everything is cooked in the oven, so this is a set it and forget it meal.
Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken Ingredients: 6 chicken drumsticks, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, flour
Sauce Ingredients: 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 cup hot sauce, splash of white vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper (all to taste).
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse the drumsticks and pat dry. If the drumsticks are on the larger side, cut slits into them to ensure full cooking.
2. Lightly coat the chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Set the drumsticks on a greased baking sheet and lightly dust with flour. Bake for one hour.
4. In the meantime, prepare the buffalo sauce. Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat until all combined.
5. When the drumsticks are done, toss to coat in a bowl of the sauce.
Potatoes Au Gratin
Ingredients: 3 medium potatoes – peeled and thinly sliced (use a mandolin), 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 cups half and half, 1 cup grated Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tbsp herb seasoning
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix together the garlic, half and half, salt and pepper, herb seasoning, and a 1/2 cup of Parmesan.
2. Stack the potato slices around a baking pan into even levels.
3. Pour the mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top and bake for 45 minutes.