A recipe for Hawaiian comfort food.
Recipe adapted from No Recipes.
Ingredients for 2 servings: 1/2 lb ground beef, 1/3 cup panko, 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce, black pepper, 4-5 sliced button mushrooms, 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp all purpose flour, 1 cup beef or chicken stock, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 eggs
1. Mix the ground beef with pepper, panko, Worchestershire sauce, and oyster sauce. Form into 3/4″ thick patties.
2. Heat oil in a pan and cook the patties until browned on both sides. Set aside.
3. Add some additional oil if necessary, and saute the mushrooms until browned. Add in the butter and flour to make a light brown roux.
4. Remove pan from heat and whisk in the broth and soy sauce. Set back over the heat until the gravy bubbles slightly.
5. Fry the eggs.
6. Set up the dish by placing the beef onto a bed of rice. Top with fried shallots and/or fried garlic. Add an egg on top and pour the gravy.