An easy crowd-pleasing snack, perfect for the holiday season as gifts or party munchies.
Ingredients: 3 cups of any mix of nuts (I used pecans, cashews, and almonds), 2 egg whites, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 6 slices of bacon, maple syrup
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly beat the egg whites.
2. Pour the nuts into the egg whites and toss to coat.
3. Add in the spices and mix well.
4. Spread the nut mixture evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes total, stirring and turning the nuts halfway through so they don’t burn.
5. Remove the nuts from the oven and set aside to cool. Leave the oven on and prepare the bacon by brushing a thick coat of maple syrup. Bake for about 10 minutes each side.
6. Once the caramelized bacon cools, break into pieces and mix well with the nuts. Serve immediately.