Ingredients: 2 English muffins (sliced in half with a fork or by hand to maintain texture), 4 tablespoons butter with extra for the muffins, 4 egg yolks, 4 whole eggs, chopped parsley for garnish, cayenne pepper to taste, lemon zest, 1 tbsp lemon juice, vinegar
Recipe for the parmesan roasted potatoes available here.
1. Begin the prep work for this dish. Slice and butter the English muffins, separate the egg yolks for the hollandaise, and set a pot of water with vinegar to an almost boiling temperature.
2. As soon as the water with vinegar is barely boiling, carefully add in an egg. Continuously swirl the water around the egg to maintain its form. Cook for about 5 minutes, then remove from the water.
3. Meanwhile, cook the ham and toast muffin halves.
4. Make the hollandaise sauce by whisking the butter and egg yolks over low heat. Add in the lemon juice and continue to whisk for about 3 more minutes.
5. Assemble the eggs benedict as soon as possible once the sauce is finished cooking. Stack a slice of ham on the muffin, followed by the poached egg, hollandaise sauce, parsley, and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately.