As the weather cools down, I love roasting my meals as the main method of cooking. I had some leftover portabellos after making these awesome veggie burgers, and thought their giant size would make for a filling dish.
Recipe adapted from Cooking.com
Ingredients: 1 large portobella cap, 1/4 breadcrumbs, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 tablespoons minced broccoli, 1 tsp chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, olive oil, cayenne pepper or crushed chilli flakes.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. De-stem and clean the portobello. Brush with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Top with with the broccoli and garlic (gill side up). Set on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
3. As the portobello roasts, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic, cheese, and parsley.
4. Take out the mushroom and spread the cheese and breadcrumbs mixture all over.
5. Set back into the oven for another 5 minutes, until slightly golden brown on top. Top with additional cracked black pepper and chili flakes.