Two recipes in one post!
This is easily the fanciest poultry dish I have ever made. These roasted potatoes are ridiculously easy to make and pair well with nearly everything. And the best part is, they take around the same amount of time to cook at the same temperatures.
Recipe adapted from Food Wishes
Chicken ingredients: 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2″ thickness, salt + pepper, slices of prosciutto
Stuffing ingredients: 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup dried cranberries, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 egg yolk, pinch of cayenne pepper, herb seasoning
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together for the stuffing.
2. Lay out the chicken breasts on plastic wrap. Spread a thin layer of stuffing over the chicken, and roll up the meat carefully.
2. Lay out enough prosciutto slices so that they are the same width as the chicken. Again, using the plastic wrap, roll the prosciutto over the chicken.
3. Using butcher’s twine, tie up the chicken roll every 2 inches.
4. Bake the chicken for about 25 minutes.
Ingredients: Small potatoes of any variety – I used baby red potatoes, chopped parsley to taste, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste, salt + pepper, olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the potatoes in half. Toss with salt and pepper, olive oil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until done.
2. Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss with the cheese. Set them back into the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
3. Take out the potatoes, toss with the chopped parsley, and serve warm.