The addition of pan-fried bread crumbs and salty pancetta bits add a new complexity to classic potato salad.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver
Ingredients: 1/2 lb waxy potatoes (I used about 5 small red potatoes), 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 1/4 cup sour cream, 25g of pancetta or bacon, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, small bunch of chives, salt, pepper
1. Rinse and scrub the potatoes. Cook them in boiling water for about 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool for a while.
3. In the meantime, fry the pancetta bits and set aside. Fry the breadcrumbs in the oil from the pancetta.
4. Dice the potatoes and toss with the yogurt, sour cream, pancetta, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
5. Chop up some chives for garnish and serve.