Interestingly enough, this dish is delicious served cold or hot. Citrus and a hint of spicy flavors are blended with the fragrant aroma of basil leaves and sauteed garlic to create the base sauce for these simple noodles.
1. Soak rice noodles in hot (not boiling) water for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside.
2. Make the base sauce by combining grated ginger, soy sauce and ponzu sauce (can substitute with lime juice). Mix in 3 tablespoons of a nut-based or olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
3. Blanch the edamame, spinach, and snow peas in salted boiling water for 30 seconds.
4. Chop up some basil leaves and garlic. Heat oil in a pan and saute the basil and garlic until fragrant.
5. Add the noodles back in along with the sauce and vegetables. On low heat, toss until mixed together.
5. Top with a bit of chilli powder or chilli flakes on top and serve (hot or cold).