I tried to created a simple weeknight dish utilizing leftover ground beef and crumbled gorgonzola from the elote dish. Meatballs are a great addition to any red pasta sauce and easy to make.
Ingredients: ground beef, 1 egg, pasta of choice, tomato-based sauce of choice, parsley or cilantro, melting cheese of choice, seasoning.
1. Combine ground beef with the egg and seasoning (fine herbs, salt, pepper) to taste.
2. Form ground beef into golf ball-sized forms. Create a small hole and stuff a bit of cheese inside. Form the meatball to close the hole.
3. Heat up some olive oil and cook the meatballs until slightly browned all over.
4. Pour in the pasta sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta and chop up the parsley.
5. Combine the meatballs, sauce, and pasta. Add extra crumbled gorgonzola and parsley as garnish.